For the first time in thirty years, one of St John’s oldest townhouses is on the market. Tastefully restored, rather than renovated, this lovely two-thirds Georgian has had all of the necessary upgrades. Built by George Davey and Sons in 1879, the property has a large rear garden with mature maples and a terraced slate front patio, and is located on the most coveted street in the city’s friendliest neighbourhood. This 2,520 square foot home has seven large rooms and two bathrooms spread over three floors, as well as an unfinished, full-height basement. On the main floor, the living room has a working fireplace with liner, and the walls and ten-foot ceilings in both the living and dining rooms have been completely re-plastered, a five-month operation that involved stabilizing the laths with 3,300 staples and then applying 5,400 pounds of dry plaster. The modern kitchen, handcrafted by Jack Eastwood, opens onto the garden. The nine-foot-ceiling second floor has two large bedrooms, one with a linerless fireplace, and the main bathroom. The eight-foot-ceiling third floor has a large family room running the entire width of the front of the house, a large bedroom overlooking the Davey’s Field green space, and a small bathroom with shower and skylight. All the knob-and-tube wiring has been replaced, and all copper piping replaced with PEX. This past summer, extensive work was carried out on the exterior: new mansards, new shingles, and a new paint job front and back, replacing the earlier oil-based paint. The torched-on roof was recently replaced, and a new electrical service and furnace installed.